Prospect UCC is hiring for the position of Office Manager. Start Date: June 1, 2023
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See below for detailed job description, or download a PDF HERE.
Office Manager Job Description
Performs administrative and building management duties as outlined below.
16 - 20 hours per week. 16 of these hours per week are to be posted office hours, set by the office manager; flexible with the approval of the pastor, moderator, and trustees.
1. Competent keyboarding and computer skills, familiar with and capable of using Office software suite and other programs as needed, and of operating office machines.
2. Capable of keeping accurate and orderly records and files.
3. Personal qualities: able to take initiative, deal with public courteously, assume responsibilities.
4. Can make a 2-year commitment.
$20 to $25 per hour, DOE. Includes 2 weeks vacation.annually
No supervision responsibilities
- Answer and respond to phone calls, voicemail, and email.
- Bring in the mail and be sure that items are distributed and handled appropriately.
- Prepare and send weekly emails (Tuesday and Friday) to mailing list using Mailchimp.
- Prepare worship bulletins (print and PDF), including announcements; email order of worship script to pastor, liturgist, and tech team; scan hymns and link in Friday email for Zoom participants.
- Maintain church website using “Simple Updates” content management system.
- Compile and publish monthly newsletter (print and electronic via Mailchimp)
- Type and copy as needed: church letters, materials for committees when requested.
- Prepare church mailings as needed.
- Greet and assist visitors to the church.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Maintain outdoor readerboard and bulletin boards on stairway and in Fellowship Hall.
- Post volunteer schedule of duties such as coffee hours, greeter/usher, liturgist in newsletter.
- Post regular updates on church Facebook page.
- Promote church events through email lists, social media, and other channels as appropriate.
Administration and Finance:
- Maintain name and address database on PowerChurch.
- Check and order supplies within budget allocations.
- Maintain an orderly filing system for records of church business.
- Provide bookkeeping tasks to assist the church treasurer as needed.
- Use PowerChurch software to create checks (or online banking) for payroll and routine bills that come to the church.Prepare checks for mailing and deliver them to an authorized signer.
- Download online donation data to PowerChurch.
- Maintain Vanco online giving account.
- Report hymns to OneLicense weekly.
- Maintain procedure manual for functions performed by the office manager.These written procedures will assume that the reader is familiar with the church software, or able to use the appropriate manuals.
- Act as liaison with building users by answering questions about rooms and rates, providing building use contracts, maintaining file of contracts, collecting building use donations, collecting and refunding deposits, communicating information from trustees to building users and vice versa, and maintaining record of keys and keybox combination.
- Maintain church calendar; schedule and coordinate use of the building.
- Oversee maintenance of office equipment.